Week-in-the-Life Project: Final Day.

>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010

9:00 am Breakfast with D


9:30 am Started TWD's weekly bake. Excellent cookies


10:30 am Since D was still having severe sinus allergies, we decided to stay home instead. I spent a good hour or so taking shots of my bakes

for FWB
11:00 am : Frolicking in the backyard
11:30 am...still frolicking....

12:30 pm Lunch!

3:30pm Visit to my dear nieces
6:00pm ......continuous hours of chasing little girls around, coloring, eating cookies, calming her after melt-downs (note the plural form of the word melt-down?!)

6:45pm......Dinner! Minus the melt-down (for a while)......
Malaysian-Singaporean food....quite authentic.....not bad at all

8:30pm Headed home to bring D his dinner.

I am somewhat relieved that this project has come to an end. Truth be told, as much as I love taking photos or share about my life, it's simply not in my DNA to remember to capture that moment every single minute, nor was it possible or feasible to express exactly how I felt during that particular moment of the day. Hence, I still think it's best to keep certain things personal and private - dear Diary, I will not forsake you ever again - but I know I will definitely treasure this one-week chronicle of my life. I don't think that it's a matter of coincidence that the week I had captured on my blog was also one of the most defining week of my life; I've not made it entirely obvious from my entries, for personal reasons but the week has been a true cross-road point for me. The week when I learnt that I've been given one of the best opportunity that most people could ever dream to have; at the same time, the week that had me question lots of what-ifs; a week when I learnt a little more about myself - my stand on certain principals, my reactions towards certain behaviors, the liberation from my seriously-flawed theory on human character and perhaps more markedly obvious now than in previous years, and as independent as I can be, how much I hate being apart from D. It probably doesn't make much sense to those who don't know me, but this week will always serve to remind me of the time when I finally took that step of boldness. I am so thankful for having a Friend in high places. Always, always having His guidance, Peace and Joy, that no matter what,  I can simply cast all my cares unto Him. What a week!!

3 comments:

NMN April 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Jen,

Thanks for the nice commentary on my blog. It seems that we live in parallel yet opposite universes as I am the cook and my girlfriend is a photographer. So, your comment implies that you'll be heading off to LCB and your site implies that your interest lies in pastries. Will you be taking pastry? Will you be taking Basic, or are you going for the Diplome de Cuisine in Pastry? Also, when will you be going? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again, and good luck.

NMN April 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

HI Jen,

I lived near Place de la Republique. Although I loved the area, it was too far from the school (45 min ride). I would highly recommend staying on the left bank. I would also look at the routing of the subway ride from your apartment to the school (Vaugirard stop on line 12) because some locations work better with the metro than others. There will be times when you may have a break between classes and you may want to go home real quick, so being nearby would be really helpful.

I was fortunate because friends put me in direct contact with my apartment owner thus avoiding agency fees. I am sure you have come across the Paris Attitude and Lodgis agencies. I think they both have the largest selection of Apts.

If you don't already have safety shoes, I would buy them here because it'll be cheaper.

I am jealous, you'll have a blast

Mark

Lynne Daley April 30, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

Your cakes are lovely and I love the way you photographed them! I have also made the French yogurt cake and loved it. Will have to make them into little cakes next time. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I apologize again for accidently deleting your comment.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP