Week-in-the-Life Project: Day 6

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010

The weekend's my favorite time of the week.....well, I guess it's just about everyone's favorite too. When I was working and commuting long hours, the weekend was more like a refuge.....my time of solitude where I could gain back some sanity in life, a time to take a breather before the crazy work week started all over again. Nowadays, weekends are still precious, but even more so because of the quality time I get to spend with D. Instead of running errands, paying bills, groceries or catching up on laundry (and most importantly, sleep), our weekends these days are filled with exciting outings like photoshoots, meeting up with friends, photoshoots, checking out new places to dine, photoshoots, checking out new photography gear for D, photoshoots.......you get the picture. So I was absolutely relieved when all D wanted to do today was to get some DVDs from the store! After our breakfast, we headed to his all-time favorite:

10:00 am at Best Buy


11:00 am We then headed to Costco to get these for our front yard. Can you believe it's been well over 3 years and we've not installed any landscape lighting for the front? The backyard is pretty much done, and let's just not talk about the unpacked boxes in the garage.....for now.....
I love the cobalt blue landscape lighting......goes well with our Spanish Lavenders, don't you think?

2:00 pm I usually don't like to go to the spa during weekends but since D felt tired due to his sinus allergy and I had other plans for next week, I decided to head off to the spa anyways. It was a four-hour afternoon at the spa although most of the time was spent on waiting and listening toKim (the owner), who, time and time again, advised me to continue working for others instead of starting out on my own! It's difficult to reconcile how well her business is doing against how she feels about being her own boss, but I guess she's somewhat exhausted by the long hours and utterly disappointed with some of her employees. I've known Kim for a while now, she's a huge fan of my bakes and it's always refreshing to get a different perspective.
before......

during......

after!

I also had facial but I figured it's best to not snap a photo of that. 

7:00 pm Dinner with D at the Chinese restaurant. The meal was just so-so, but since we were hungry and didn't feel like cooking at home, it was the next-best choice. 

9:00 pm  I decided (yes, at 9pm at night!) to go ahead with my FWB weekly bake: triple citrus cupcakes!

10:30 pm Called it a night. 
P.S I'm so glad tomorrow's the last day of this project......I know, I'm yawning about this too, now. Seemed like a good idea.....I bet it still is, especially when I look back 5 years from now. Oh well, let's just bring this to completion.

1 comments:

Tina April 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

i love the cobalt blue lighting and the lavenders!!! great day at the spa, huh?? I envy you!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP