Week-in-the-Life Project: Day 1

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Does anyone still keep journals? I do. I still have journals way back from my teenage years.  By the way, where I come from, they're called diaries.  I've always been journaling for the most part of my life. I find much clarity in being able to write down everything that has taken place. In fact, growing up, it was my ritual to document every single day in my diary during our annual year-end school holidays: events, incidences, how I felt, what I did, where I went, what I bought or saw or ate. I'm not entirely sure why I loved doing that. Perhaps it was to prepare just in case anyone ever asked me years later what I did on, say, 18th December 1988, I'd be able to thumb through my little white diary with the cutest bright red cherry motifs and have the exact answer at my fingertips! Well, so far, no one has asked me in the last couple decades. But I'm still a fan of journals although these days, my blog has replaced my hardcover diary. When I came across this in a blog I've been following, I knew I simply had to embark upon the week-in-the-life project. It's a great project: capture everything that takes place in your life for a whole week, as detailed as you can - photos, videos, saved receipts, scribbles on bits and pieces of paper - everything unscripted - the good, the bad and the ugly. What you'll end up with is a week's worth details - details of your life during that single week - documented and memorialized for a lifetime.  This was a sneak peek but here goes my manic Monday.


Monday, 19th April
8:00 am  Checked emails, news and finished b'fast, which included an experiment that I'd have to divulge at a later time. Planned out the week's schedule
iPhone photo: finishing up b'fast - an experimental project in progress
11:00 am Headed to Walgreens to have passport photos taken. Saw these on sale and had to grab a couple (nevermind that there's enough hair products at home to last me for another year or so. Yes, I collect hair products too!)

12:00 pm Lunch. I don't normally eat lunch but treated myself to lunch today just to change things up a bit. Some patrons were probably curious why I was taking pictures of an ordinary meal - soup and salad; I bet they were feeling pretty sorry for this lady. "She must not get out much"!
iPhone photo: Asian crunch salad and tomato basil soup at your fav. neighborhood grill & bar!

2:00 pm Some retail therapy. For reasons that I don't want to remind myself later, I'd rather not post any pictures. But you must know, shopping is not an everyday thing for me. It was simply an atypical Monday. Let's leave it at that.

4:00 pm Finishing the last bit of ironing.....Mondays are days to iron clothes. So now you see why prior retail therapy is needed?! 

4:30 pm Time to relax and complete my weekly entry for FWB. Check it out.

5:30 pm Dinner prep: turkey stroganoff with fettucini pasta and arugula. It was nothing to shout about, especially since I substituted with ground turkey for ground beef and low-fat milk for heavy cream. Nonetheless, still a nice meal for both of us, with D filling me in on the details of what took place at work. For desserts, this:
As part of our usual Monday evening routine, we watched Dancing with the Stars *yawn* *even bigger yawn when Kate Gosselin performed* and channel-surfed among DWTS, Bourdain's No Reservations and Little People Big World - it was about their trip to Europe and you know me, I have to see what they were up à Paris!
11:30 pm Spent an hour or so scanning the last batch of documents needed. Hit the sent button - finally - and called it a night. 
You must already be yawning by now too. Yes, the everyday mundanes of life which I think I'll appreciate even more when I look back to this week in the future. Capturing the moment - we all should.

2 comments:

Lazaro Cooks April 20, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

This is interesting, like reality blogging. Look forward to your next post. Reatil therapy?...I am a credit card nightmare waiting to happen at Best Buy. Really my family should stage an intervention at the Blu Ray section. So sad! Tony Bourdain No Reservations...great show. Cheers!

Tia April 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

i've had a diary/jounal since age 9. pretty much EVERY day. i have a huge box of them. old school too, handwritten not typed. :) \neat project by the way. I love jounaling, it's so nice to read old journals... that's half the fun!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP