The Birds of Paradise are Blooming

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009

We bought and planted this since Apr-May of 2008, at a time when I was simply on top of the world as I had joined a mega biotech company (one that I've dreamt of joining since 2004!) only to find out 3 months later that my boss was a lunatic!

We bought this plant on a Sunday afternoon. I remember this vividly - a visit to the nursery simply to take my mind off the dread of going back to work the next day! Despite the unfortunate circumstance, I stuck it out for another one and a half years (thank God for the mighty rewards that I got to reap towards the end!) but all throughout the months, this plant never bloomed! The neighbors a few doors down the street had the same plant and theirs bloomed all summer long. Ours? Just lots of foliage. Long, green stems of leaves that continue to multiply yet not one single Birds of Paradise bloom.


Until this week. One of my first task when we got back from Paris, aside from unpacking, was to water all the indoor plants. Jumping and yelling with joy when I saw this beautiful bloom





Don't you think it's magnificent?

(click to continue)



A new season has begun. I can feel it.
This decade has been about transitions. Changes. Adapting to changes. Learning. Stabilizing. Progressing. Then more changes. More breakthroughs, with plenty of challenges, heartaches, frustrations and a whole gamut of emotions along the way.

2010. I feel like I've finally arrived. This new decade will be about taking that stand that He has destined for me. Something new. Perhaps totally unconventional but He knew it, chosen it for me all along. I'm filled with enthusiasm. I'm hopeful of the wonderful explorations that will come my way. Above all, I'm rested and at peace, because I know that ALL is in good hands. All things will work for good.

....but her delight is in the will of the Lord
In His law she meditates day and night
And she will be like a tree, planted by streams of living water
Who will bear fruits in its season
Whose leaves will not wither
And everything she does, she WILL prosper!
~ Psalms 1: 1-3


Let 2010 be filled with
great Health,
Vitality
Joy that overfills
Peace that surpasses all understanding
Success in each endeavor
LIFE in abundance
Here's a toast to a spectacular new decade!




HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP