New Beginnings

>> Monday, August 17, 2009

It's been quite a while since my last post. Not that I haven't been writing but decided to try iWeb that came with the new MAC D got me in Apr. It takes a little while to get used to it but it can't be merged with my archives in blogspot and I really don't feel like re-typing everything in order to consolidate the two. Ah, to heck with it. Let's continue with this for now.

2009 is definitely a year of new beginnings for me. Finally, finally gathered enough courage and armed with nothing but His peace, I resigned from my job in June. While to many friends my decision seemed irrational, especially during this time of worldwide economic recession, I just felt it couldn't have been a more perfect timing!! My options? Continue the crazy 140-mile daily commute, stay put at my cushy-paying job which I absolutely have no passion for, working with and for the lunatic, enduring the daily emotional roller -coaster OR cut my losses, resign and follow after my passion. Tough decision? You tell me.
This is the first time in my life that I'm taking such a bold step. Then again, if not now, then when? The plan is to take a break and recuperate - I am burned out! Then find something I really like and do it: search, re-kindle, re-connect with my passion! Simple, probably slightly shallow to those who needs to have everything planned out (I'm totally converted!) but so invigorating and refreshing!! Follow your passion, do what you like and the $ will come. You've read that many, many times before and witnessed it in highly successful people. I truly believe this. It's really not about the $ anymore; I"ve learnt first-hand that eventhough you make more $ than you can ever imagine, going through that 9-5 daily grind just does not feed the soul, doesn't bring out the satisfaction in me. I want to create. I want to see tangible results of my efforts. I want to be rewarded for all the hard work and dedication put in. I want to own my results. I want to have ability to steer the direction of my career/business....not depend on others' agenda, stockholder values, Mgmt politics and all those crap.
While there's been some distraction the past month, what with D's health and all, I'm truly thankful that I can now focus on finding my passion. Classes to take. Interesting articles to read up on. Putting what I learn into practice everyday. Full of possiblities when you have time in your hands. Thank God for allowing me this luxury. I know He will bless me greatly, for He has given me every skill, everything I need to be successful in what He has called me to do!!


iWeb Journal entry: 7/13/09 9am
I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Strange thing to say for a person of my age, but then again, who in this world would not want to have the luxury of not having to go to work and having the time to focus on doing things you want for yourself?!
Today is that first day for me. I was awake by 5:30 am. The body is still used to the old schedule and I could probably use more sleep but I felt so motivated to get out of bed! Get out of bed to face this new day! No commute. No deadlines. Nowhere to go, no place to be....but strangely, I feel as though it’s going to be such an exciting day! Ok, there’re no solid plans on how I would use today wisely - not yet. I do have a plan to plan. But today, my priority would be to drive my hubby to work (it’s his first day back to work after the 1.5+ week of resting at home after the ER scare) and doing my own “stuffs” in-between shuttling him to lunch and back to the office. Exciting? Hardly. Effective use of time? Maybe not. Fulfilling? Definitely. I feel that I’m doing something for the family, something for myself. I can’t remember how long has it been when I didn’t have to worry about spending ridiculous amount of time @ meetings, skipping lunches, more meetings and only get to focus on doing decent amount of work starting end of biz day, running against deadlines, having to log on at nights after dinner, working throughout weekends....on and on and on...those days are gone! For now, at least!
I thank God that He has been faithful and blessed us with the great opportunity to be able to consciously & voluntarily make that choice. I don’t know what the next several months have to offer. But I know God is in charge. I will just rest in His peace.
Time for lunch pickup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP