Chiffon anyone?

>> Friday, August 21, 2009



8/17/09
I was itching to bake again. Isn't that strange? Just over a month ago, the only thing I wanted to do during my free time (which was scarce) was to relax and perhaps do some facebooking. Now, the only thing I look forward to each day is
trying new cake recipes. Urrgh....scary. Controller to stay-at-home baker? 6-figure income to....?? Dissatisfied to being excited with new baking adventures, feeling accomplished and fulfilled when my bake attempts are successful! Try putting a price tag on that!
Just because I bought a dozen of Omega-3 eggs couple days ago, I decided that I should try baking Chiffon cake. Yeah, those need gazillion eggs!




I don't have the chiffon cake recipe that my grandma used to bake - those precious recipes handed down by my grandma...where on earth did I store them? Back in Pg? Anyways, I found this recipe in Epicurious. Loved the cake texture....soft and spongy. I didn't have the full 2 tsp baking powder, so my cake was slightly denser than the one featured on their website. Denser but nonetheless tasty. Also, I didn't realize I didn't have a 10" fluted cake pan; thought I did so had to do some improv on the 10" round cake tin I had (layered the base by cutting out parchment paper to fit the round tin, to aid in the "dislodging" of the cake).

Now the problem is: what do I do with all these cake??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP