Another Baking Adventure

>> Friday, August 21, 2009


8/7/09:
I came across Martha Stewart's CUPCAKES book while browsing through the book display at Costco last week. She's not my favorite celebrity chef but I was somewhat drawn to this book due to the excellent photography (impeccable close-up shots). So I've decided that my next cupcake bake would be carrot cupcake. Sounds healthy enough...vege in your dessert. Healthy, right?!?

The recipe uses oil instead of butter. I've always been baking with butter and was rather skeptical of using oil. Oh well, just follow the recipe and see what happens, I told myself.
Much to my surprise, the carrot cake turned out perfectly moist. Loved the hint of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves - just reminded me so much of the wonderful smells during holiday season!
I topped each cupcake with a generous dollop of cream cheese frosting. Yumm-o! Shared the cupcakes with some friends that I was meeting for lunch and boy, those cupcakes were gone in a jiffy.
Yet another successful attempt.
I'm excited about cupcakes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP