I need to blog....

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Need to blog, blog, blog. If I don't, my readers will be pissed. Really pissed. They have nothing new to read.



Aww, who am I kidding? I'm my only reader. *Sigh* Oh well.....it's still therapeutic, regardless.

So yesterday I ventured bravely into the world of Fish. Never truly liked fish....can't stand the fishy smell, its flavor, especially when the fish is not fresh...yikes. This other white meat is just not my fav. protein. Fish and me - we're no buddies. But it's supposed to be good for us. Healthy. Wholesome goodness. We have to add more fish to D's diet. Fresh fish. Fish with good fats and Omega 3. Since we've been eating out during the weekend, there're no excuses to not get back to a more healthy, home-cooked meal.

I baked salmon for dinner last night. It's one of the less-than-5 types of fish I can eat. Yeah, I'm picky. But anyways, I marinated the 3 pieces of salmon steak (notice I'm always cooking 3 portions. Guess why?) in 2 Tbsp soy, 2 Tbsp dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp honey, pepper and lemon zest for about 15 mins. While the salmon's baking in the 350F oven, I quickly chopped 5 cloves of garlic, heat in olive oil along with some pepper/chilli flakes and then threw in 5 cups of spinach. By the time the spinach wilted, the salmon's ready (18 mins in 350F oven) and behold, we have a healthy, well-balanced and delicious meal.....all under an hour! And oh, I served the salmon with green apple-onion chutney: cooked 1 chopped onion in olive oil, added 2 chopped shallots, chopped green apple, salt, pepper and a Tbsp of raspberry preserves. Yes, raspberry ;-)
he chutney went very well with the savory salmon and spinach greens. My customer (one and only) loved it too. Oooh, I'm so impressed with myself.

I think I'll cook more fish from now on. Part of exploring something new everyday.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP