TWD: Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hi, my name is Jenny and I'm a chocoholic. An incurable, no-12-step-program-can-ever-redeem bonafide, hardcore chocoholic.

I was still basking in the bliss of the dark chocolaty goodness from last week's TWD bake when I scanned the recipe for this week's pick by Kristin of I'm Right About Everything. You know what? She's right! She picked the perfect chocolate fix for me. I was looking forward to this week's bake so much that I actually baked this way ahead of time, somehow squeezing it into my crazy CNY baking schedule. I was also super excited to use the mini bundt cake pans that I had bought a while ago. Oooh, perfect, perfect, perfect! See how simple things like this excite me these days?! Life's beautiful. And so are my mini bundt cakes! I love the subtle chocolate flavor of the cake and chose to balance it with macadamia nuts instead of walnuts or pecans for the mid-level swirl. Perfect finishing of dark chocolate glaze on top. Dorie's right. How adorable!

Head over to TWD for recipe and comments from TWD bakers.
*Note to self:  Place mini-bundt pans on insulated baking sheet (or double trays) and bake at 330˚F for 20 minutes

8 comments:

Mary February 2, 2010 at 6:11 AM  

Maybe you have to be a chocoholic to love these! I just found the flavour too light. Your pans are adorable, and glad you enjoyed them!

chocolatechic February 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Your mini-mini's look so cute.

I am hard core about chocolate too.

Unknown February 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Mmmm you've got some good "romantic" recipes here! I love the love letter idea! Very unique!

Cindy February 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I like your macadamia substitution. Love those little gems. This little cake was delicious. I will make them again!

alvarosa February 4, 2010 at 5:51 AM  

Your picture look perfect! All these mini bundts on the roast, wonderful!

(Btw.: Unfortunately, I do not like the taste of roses, so the Ispahan is off in any way, be it croissants, macarons or anything else. I am really sorry for it, because everybody else seems to adore it. But belive me - the Croissant ordinaire at Pierre Hermé is also perfect :o])

Jencrafted February 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Everyone, thanks for visiting and for your kind comments!

@Mary, you're right about the flavor; it was somewhat subtle. @Mary, @chocolatechic, @Cindy: I must try again with dark choc one of these days!

@Flourchild: thanks for stopping by!

@FoodTravelDiva the shape of the Love Letters are perfect to embed little lovey-dovey notes too! :-)

@alvarosa I agree with you on PH regular croissant! Too bad you didn't like the Ispahan but I'm sure you found plenty of other enticing items at chez Hermé!

The Queen of Quite a Lot February 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

They look great! Thanks so much for baking with me this week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP