TWD: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

Another cookie bake! I've been craving cookies since I saw these pictures so this couldn't come at a better time for all of us cookiebar-deprived Dorie fans! Thanks Kaitlin for the perfect pick!




Since we've made enough CNY goodies like love letters, pineapple rolls, peanut cookies, conflour melts, etc., I've decided to half the recipe for this bake. Huge mistake! As soon as D saw the baked cookies, he knew he wanted to share them with his colleagues visiting from Stockholm hence  I'm now faced with this dilemma: do I get to keep only a single cookie or should I take a couple for myself?! Fortunately, these are so simple to make and although I did refrigerate the cookie dough for about half-hour, you don't really need to so I could essentially whip another batch of these yummies anytime I want!
Having read other TWD bakers' complains about how thin the cookies can be, I did add couple more tablespoons of flour to the recipe, chill for ~ 30 minutes then baked at 350˚F (instead of 375˚F) for 15 minutes but other than that, I followed the recipe as-is and the cookies came out great! Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and decadently gooey as you bite into the embedded chunks of chopped dark chocolates and walnuts (I used Valrhona Guanaja 70%). For me, this recipe is a keeper!

5 comments:

Tia February 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

yummy!!! your stuff always looks so delish. I did a creamsicle cookie version.

Paula February 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Looks like I should have followed your lead and added a touch more flour. Very nice!

Mary February 16, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Gorgeous! I wish I had added more flour. I gave all mine away and really regret it, so, if it's not too late, hang on to some!

Kaitlin February 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the recipe! I love how your cookies look, with the flecks of chocolate throughout. Delish.

Needful Things September 16, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

Aren't these just the best! I love this cookie recipe - it's so versatile too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP