Back on TWD with Coffee Break Muffins

>> Tuesday, September 21, 2010

After three long months of hiatus from TWD, I'm glad to be back and baking along with this great group again. Still on a "temporary blogging break" to allow me some time to get readjusted to things back home, I'm keeping this post really short. Besides, you don't really need a lot of convincing  on this week's pick by Rhiani of Chocoholic Anonymous : coffee-break muffins.

Deprived of the regular two to three times a day café breaks since my return from Paris, these muffins served as my perfect mid-day and afternoon pick-me-up today. Instead of the cup of coffee that Dorie prescribed in her recipe, I opted to use home-made trablit (liquid coffee extract) that was leftover from last week's test-bake.
Since the trablit already had caramelized sugar and I didn't like my muffins to be overly sweet, I omitted the brown sugar and also added some milk - I didn't quite measure precisely - but just enough to get to the proper muffin consistency. More on trablit the next time; be sure to head over to TWD to see what other members have to say about this week's bake.

7 comments:

Lynne Daley September 22, 2010 at 4:18 AM  

Your trablit looks awesome! The muffins look extra rich with it. Cool photo-very expressive.

Jeannette September 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

i love the way your muffins look!! i've never heard of trablit. now i have to google ;)

Anonymous,  September 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Your muffins look awesome! Looking forward to hearing more about trablit.

Rhiani September 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

I had never heard of trablit before, thanks for introducing me to something new.

I love the color on your muffins (probably from the trablit :) ).

Beth September 23, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

I love any kind of muffins. Can't wait to try this recipe out!

Flourchild September 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Woah you have some greate looking pictures! Welcome back!!

justchillinpa August 6, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

Learned about Trablit at Walnut Grove Cooking School in France. Can't wait to use on my own recipes.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP