Le Quartoze Juillet

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My first 14th July French National Day celebration! It had been pouring and I had to resort to a different plan for the day. Besides, we had our students' party last night so waking up to wait in line at Champs Elysses by 7:30am with less than 6 hours' sleep didn't seem overly appealing to me.

My plan B - spend the day taking photos right from my apartment balcony:

not a very good angle and without hubby's souped-up power telephoto lenses:

but I wasn't going to brave the weather, so this will have to do. Let's take a test shot

and the fireworks began


It would've been better if viewed from Trocadero, but then again, I'm a creature of comfort......


I really marvel at those who sign up and actually sit through a series of photography lessons. Someday....until then, this serves to be my reference benchmark for more night shots in the future. I can only improve, can't I?!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 18, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Very cool. Are you going to watch the end of the Tour de France next weekend?

Needful Things July 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Love the photos of la tour eiffel!

NMN July 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Jen,

Thanks for comments. I completely "get" your happiness in Paris, and your desire for home. By the Finals, I was ready to come home. But, almost as soon as I returned to the U.S., I was already missing Paris.

When you return, I would love to have you and your husband to Sonoma for a visit (and of course a delicious sample of your pastries!) I'll cook the meal. My g/f is a photographer and would enjoy you guys. As for November, I am still torn about going for Intermediates despite having committed the application fee. I need to make a decision soon.

Keep the great pictures coming!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP