From Amsterdam.......

>> Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's World Cup finals today. I couldn't have chosen a better time to be in Holland! It's a sea of orange and crazy madness everywhere. I'm not much of a soccer fan but it's exhilarating to be part of all this. Exciting yet terrifying. I was almost ran over by this hoard of rowdy teenagers who have already had one too many drinks early in the evening. So I'm going to play it safe and keep out of trouble, but here're some sights and sounds from today. I'm neither a fan of Holland nor Spain, but for me, since it boils down to color, go team ORANGE!!

It's been almost two and half hours since the game started; we don't know the results yet even at the time of this post but I could hear the crowd at Museum Square roaring away.

Some watched the game in style -  cruising the canal with flat screen TV onboard!
 As of eight o'clock this evening:






and I think I just heard gun shots.......and police sirens. It's not going to be quiet tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP