Of coffee mugs and to-do lists.......

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Have you met? Allow me to introduce you to TD - my favorite mug of all times.

I've had TD as long as I can remember. It was one of those spur-of-the-moment indulgence while browsing the aisles of Sur La Table. I'm one who loves to make lists - a list of things to do for the weekend, a list of bakes to cover, a list of restaurants to visit, a list of places to see, a list of places to clean in the house (no cross-offs in that list yet so far!), and, and , and.........


When I met TD, I just knew that we'd hit it off right away because just like me, TD is all about The List! I can tell TD the many, many things that I hope to accomplish, including learning to fly, then TD would try to "reign me in" slightly by allowing me to pick at most, six items! TD had the best spot in my office: perched on top of the desk, right next to the window. TD had to get the best possible lighting, but of course! I was so proud of TD especially when Management walks into my office, TD would always convey that great image of a highly effective, organized and efficient moi! And at the end of the work week, I'd make sure that TD was cleaned and ready for the new week.
   click here to see recipe post

The bottom 3 crossed-out items on TD, in case you can't see:
4. PPT on TCO 
5. CapEx review
6. Budget consolidation

translation:
4. prepare as many powerpoint slides loaded with colorful charts, histograms, tables, complete with slide animations and transitions - minimum 20-slide deck (no kidding, that was the mad boss' rule of thumb) - to convey a simple message on total cost of ownership. Duh?!
5. so they want to buy an aircraft when they really just need a three-wheel buggy?!! A meaningless activity.
6. another mundane task of pressing a button to discover (horror of horrors!) that your managers and business partners were totally disconnected from reality.....need an army to do the job of 2? No wonder off-shoring is such a trend!

Enough griping. As you can see, thanks to TD, my problems are resolved. Simply cross-off the items or just do this. See - blank slate!
Today, TD still proudly sit on my desk in my office; my home office where I am in control and no one walks in to tell me what to do. And as for TD? He's patiently waiting for my next list(s)......ones that're certainly more exciting and meaningful that those that TD had ever seen before. 


I love my life now!! 

Tell me, do you have a to-do list? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP