The Fabrics of my Life

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Those of you who know me will know that I love collecting stuffs. All kinds of stuffs; stuffs that aren't of much dollar value, really. Not expensive cars, exquisite jewelry or exotic animals (God forbid!) nor masterpieces of Rembrandt, Picasso, Monet or even Peter Lik (I wished!) One man's trash......another's  Jen's treasure!

Let me share with you what I "dug up" today from my closet
beautiful Sari fabric that I brought from Malaysia eons ago.........I had grand plans of making traditional Indian costumes with them. Oh well.......


More Saris - look at the vibrant hues and intricate patterns!
We took a business research-scouting-cum-vacation to Thailand years ago and brought these exquisite woven silk; no idea why but aren't they elegant?
More variations of the woven silk
Hawaii was our annual Spring vacation spot for a good number of years. Top of my itinerary was always a visit to their local fabric store as I simply love old Hawaiian prints, which are becoming rather rare and costly these days.

I'm thinking of redecorating an entire room using these as the theme. What do you think?
A surprise that I found in the closet - a little too late but these dual-tone reversible Chinese-motive pillow cases would've been perfect for our CNY party! I can't even remember when or where I bought those?!
Ooh, pretty floral prints.........how about some dainty-girly spring blouses or summer frocks? Suddenly, scenes from Sound of Music movie's "My Favorite Things"  are flashing through my mind......I wonder why?
And then there're linens. I love linens! There's something about its stark white, starched texture that makes a place-setting so elegant. I found these remarkable deal (less than USD 2 each) in San Francisco's Chinatown!
And these would be perfect for the Spring Tea Party I'm contemplating. Look! It even has a cute little "pocket" to hold the napkin!
or since I have those wonderful Saris, how about a Spicy Indian Dinner party instead? While we're at it, a Thai-themed luncheon? Oh, I know, how about a Hawaiian Luau?

So many ideas, so little time.....I'm exhausted already...... Mr TD, guess what? We've got work to do!

Anyone interested in my collection of towels? Or ribbons?! A girl can never have enough ribbons, you know?

On a serious note, this serves as a reminder to self about how important it is to take pleasure in little things. And more importantly, follow through!

1 comments:

Tina March 12, 2010 at 2:49 AM  

i love your linen thingies... and your hawaiian prints.. and the sari.. oh, i love everything you posted, i guess!! :)

i now remember you writing me sometime asking about vacations in south east asia - contemplating Bali and Phuket... do you remember?? that's before we lost contact with each other i think..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP