Day 4: Trip to Skansen

>> Tuesday, October 27, 2009


SKANSEN: the world's oldest open-air museum.....where it feels as though time has stood still. Such peace and tranquility (plus it was a cold, wet day and there weren't too many tourists!). I practically had the whole place to myself and get to savour the basic simplicities in life.







There's just something magical and inspiring when you get to spend time in a beautiful & tranquil setting - no cars, no pollution from heavy traffic, no crowds......just you, your thoughts and Him. We need more Skansen moments in our lives!

This is my last tourist activity for the trip. Later on in the evening, we'll be visiting D's friend - Petra for dinner. She lives in the suburbs (Nacrossen) and was kind enough to extend Swedish hospitality to D & I during our visit. We had a fantastic evening of food, fun and fellowship with interesting & friendly people.

Stockholm has left me with nothing but good impressions. I'd come back for visits again in a heartbeat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP