Sunflower Cupcakes

>> Tuesday, September 22, 2009






I needed about 8 cupcakes for my cake decorating class so I baked a batch of couple dozen Lemon Yoghurt Cupcakes with made-from-scratch Lemon Curd filling last week.
The lemon curd was really yummy. It was extra special since I used the Meyer lemons from our backyard; yup, our 3-year old tree is way overgrown and I had to do lots of trimming, which is really the only time we'd pick the lemons! Here's the recipe for the lemon curd. Note that I've included a different lemon cupcake recipe since Martha's recipe didn't turn out as good; this lemon cupcake recipe was given to us @ the Cupcakes Galore course from PCI.



The lemon yoghurt cupcakes were from Martha's Cupcakes book; I wasn't too pleased with this; recipe needs tweaking - extra lemon zest, a little more sugar and texture...hmm...half the cake flour and add in APF. WIll need to test this.


I used tip #67 for the leaves and for the flower center, Wilton black tube icing - you can affix the coupler and tip right on to the tube. It was really easy - just need to have the patience to pipe gazilion leaves on to each cupcake! Practice makes perfect. The more leaves I piped, the better each leaf turned out. I'm ready for the roses again! Rose cupcakes anyone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP