Making memories that last

>> Thursday, December 25, 2008

I can remember exactly how we spent Christmas for the past 8 years in US. As I ran through those recollections....2000 with mum & dad visiting and family reunion in Vegas (Dad's first trip!), 2001 after we bought and moved into our first home, 2002 in San Diego, Vegas and LA, 2003 to celebrate Al's wedding in Pg plus our trip to Thailand and Singapore, 2004 in Austin & San Antonio, 2005 with D's family in Yosemite, 2006 Christmas housewarming in our second home, 2007 with families in Pg and Singapore.......so what memories will 2008 bring?

The turn of events these past year will definitely form a deep, lasting impact in my life. Our lives.
I choose to remember God's faithfulness, His everlasting mercies and gentle kindness, how He has met us in all our needs. I choose to believe that He holds our future in His hands, and that all things work for good to those who love Him and to those who are called according to His purposes. My responsibility is to honor God in everything I do. All else is to be left unto Him.
So what will I remember about 2008 Christmas? The celebration with family and the newest addition to our family. The loving relationship with my wonderful husband after all these years (yes, it's been 10 years of marriage!!). Above all, the true sense of Peace and Joy, knowing that regardless of what goes on in the world, I will not waiver. My hope, confidence and trust is in my Lord Jesus, my Rock, the God of my salvation!
For to us a child is born,
To us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, a Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP