Setbacks

>> Saturday, December 6, 2008

Strange time to be blogging about setbacks. After all, I should just look forward to the celebration (the big D's tomorrow!)

But I do want to take a moment to capture how I feel about setbacks. Life's full of those. My life has been filled with ups and downs. I wondered a lot about the Whys and the Why-Me's......but y
ou know what, in the end, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is how we bounce back. What sets the victorious apart from the defeated is just this: how do you BOUNCE back?

Sometimes I read too much into situations, put myself through too many emotional whirlwinds and wasting all those precious time wondering the whys. God works in wondrous ways; I just have to learn to continue trusting Him and remembering the countless times He has seen us through every challenge faced. Yes, it is disappointing. Yes, you feel as though someone has knocked the wind out of your sail and yes, it's not easy. Life's not always easy. But picking yourself up again, dusting it off and moving on......that's how we need to counter setbacks.

God has made me the Head and not the tail. Every setback has a purpose.....I will press on toward the mark, the goal and know that He who has begun a good work in me, will bring it to completion. All glory be to Him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP