Barefoot Bloggers: Spring Green Risotto

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

This month's Barefoot Bloggers first pick by Kimberly of Indulge and Enjoy is a refreshing break from baking for me. I hardly make risotto and when I did, I served it with proteins, so Ina's Spring Green Risotto is certainly a welcoming change.

Unlike baking, I tend to eye-ball ingredients when it comes to cooking and this recipe was no exception. I'm sure I had a little more than a pound of asparagus in the risotto, and definitely more liquids that the recipe had prescribed since it all depends on the type of grains one has - not all arborio rice are created equal! I added the zest of more than one lemon, perhaps slightly less salt but more pepper,  but was easy on the mascarpone and parmesan cheese as D tends to shy away from overly rich and creamy dishes. Yet the result was still extraordinary!
Creamy but balanced by the lemony tanginess from the citrus, with a slight hint of licorice spiciness from the fennel. Fresh and aromatic. A perfect dish for a great Spring al fresco dinner!

4 comments:

kimberly May 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Your pictures are fantastic! They're making me hungry! So glad you enjoyed it.

Ms. F May 18, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Oh, I love risotto! I actually thought the flecks of parmesan were coconut flakes (I may need to swap out my contacts for glasses tonight) which got me thinking that a hint of sweetness would be yummy. Looks beautiful, parmesan and all!

Mary May 19, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

That looks gorgeous! A lighter take on risotto is perfect at this time of year.

Peggy May 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Your photo is very nice! We loved this risotto. So nice and creamy. Great job on yours.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP