MIA in Paris?

>> Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why has Jen been so quiet? What has she been up to? Could it be that she has stopped blogging? Could it be that she’s enjoying the beautiful weather in Paris so much that she’s out and about every minute of the day?

Could it be that she had been so overwhelmed by school, what with 9 hours worth of classes almost every single day that all she wanted to do during breaks was to catch her breath and perhaps find the time to eat some decent food? 5 days, 6 demos, 5 bakes with 6 desserts in total, no solid food in between aside from all the sweets! By the way, we are a quarter-way through the course already.



And what about the in-between class breaks? Jen gets to be a nomad in Paris. 3 moves within a period of 9 days with another move - final one, hopefully - coming up in couple days. Cloud in the silver lining? Well, I guess she should rejoice that she wakes up to different views every other day!
When the last class of the week was over at 9:30pm on Friday, everyone was more than ready for the weekend. Just when you think the weekend is for catching up on sleep, enjoying Paris and blogging (perhaps), you end up having to bring your “sick” computer to see her “doctor”, wasting precious weekend time being in a place that you didn’t really plan to visit in the first place.
Despite not having any appointments, the staff was extremely kind and showed much empathy when I explained the problems that I was having with my Powerbook
and how badly I need to be able to work on it over the weekend. Tapping vigorously on their little iPhone screens networked to their centralized booking system, they put me right on top of their queue list. It took almost half a day but at least I wasn’t asked to come back another day et voila, I’m now back online again! I must say, it was one of the greatest customer service experience I’ve had in Paris by far. The GeniusBar team at the Apple retail store at Opera knows what they’re doing and Sebastian, merci, merci mille fois for your diligence!
I got to stroll around the Opera and surrounding shopping area a bit while waiting. The city is gearing up for the holiday season indeed.
Here’s my favorite photo of the entire week:
Opera de Paris Garnier. Can everyone take a guess at what I’ll be making in class first thing Monday morning?
And in case anyone is wondering how my Mean Chef is doing:
Il est en plein forme, non?!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  November 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Good to see you back again! nice pics.
enjoy ze mean gay, I mean guy...

Anonymous,  November 21, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Oh my....Those desserts look divine!! I haven't had dinner, and yet I could already go for dessert!!

NMN November 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

You have captured his essence. Love the pic!
I want a piece of the "Opera". We may have a replacement for the alhambra :)

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

That's a tough schedule you have there. Your work - fruits of your labour - is fantastic though!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP