Give Thanks

>> Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Thanksgiving Day today. The streets in South Bay were pretty much empty, our drive to Cupertino took all but 30 mins and there were plenty of parking spaces at the usually-packed strip mall on Wolfe Road. Clear skies, sunny weather with cool, crisp breeze. It's days like this that makes me feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place like Bay Area, California!


For once, with nothing planned for Thanksgiving this year, we headed up to the City in hope of taking some nice, uncrowded and unobstructed photos of San Francisco. Figured that everyone else will be at home, chowing down on turkey with their families and that we'd get to have the City pretty much to ourselves. Well, I guess we were not the only ones with this idea.

Many families opted to enjoy their Thanksgiving meal outdoors. There were so many people grilling, bbq-ing or picnicking at the park! Having spent many Thanksgivings in the cold MidWest, I've gotten used to the idea of indoors-sit-down-family meals for Thanksgiving. But hey, things are different in California I guess. This gives me an idea for a no-fuss, casual and memorable Thanksgiving next year! Perhaps I'll stop avoiding Mr Turkey if we chose to have a picnic instead of the usual sit-down Thanksgiving shibang?!!

Simplicity. I'm starting to appreciate its value.

This picture of a family enjoying a simple Thanksgiving meal outdoors says it all.




I'm thankful that I get to spend quality time with D today - no turkey, no big meals, no large group of friends and family to entertain. Just the two of us enjoying a gorgeous November day in the Bay.
I'm thankful for our health. For God's Hands on D's life and his miraculous, speedy recovery since that ER episode in June.
I'm thankful for the luxury of time. Time to reconnect with myself, to get rejuvenated and recharged.
I'm thankful for my family - despite the geographical boundaries, we know we'll always have one another.
As the year is nearing to an end, I'm starting to reflect on what 2009 has meant to me, to both D and me.
I'm eternally grateful for everything He has done in my life. And I just know that there're plenty of great things in store for the future. My cup runneth over.....I'm thankful.

What are you thankful for in your life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP