One down.....2 (or many) more to go.....

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

I've been in such a blissful state of mind the past week (read: VACATION TIME) that I am way behind my blog updates. Here're some photos that I'd like to share from last week's graduation ceremony - yes, I passed (phew!) - thanks to all for your kind wishes. It's been wonderful to hear from you, especially some newcomers this past week. Thanks for all your emails and I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting ready to head home this week, but I will definitely get to your emails soon.

A small, simple ceremony held on school premises, in the grand Jardin d'Hiver  - grand is a highly relative term here; at LCB Paris, any space larger than 10 square meters can be considered grand!
guess which is my two most favorite pastry Chef-instructor in the world......
there was an entire hour spiel on Chefs' credentials and accolades. So alright, we're fully convinced that we paid mega bucks for superstar Chefs; we just need a little more convincing that the great Chefs can also be great instructors, coaches and mentors........
Each of us were then called to the front to receive our certificates and take a photo with the Chefs. Only a handful of us showed up since many - more than half of the students had left to go on vacation, as you can see from the group snapshot
The best part of the day for me was  having the Chefs cooked and served us food. Now if only we could get to yell at them (well, some of them), have them take instructions and follow our orders for once. Wishful thinking.....


Despite the fact that I wasn't top-5, I'm extremely satisfied with what I've accomplished here for the past 3 months. I've barely scratched the surface, I still have so much more to learn and I am embracing the future, its uncertainties and all, with much anticipation. Thanks so much for following my journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 30, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

OK, the chefs look a little bored :) But very cool that they cooked for you for your graduation ceremony.

Best of luck as you start the next chapter of your adventure!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

@ Jillbert: "the chefs look a little bored...' That's an understatement. Jen, your favourite chef must be the one on the left. It can't be be the bully on the right or the popular cuisine chef in the middle. Right?
What's next? More LCB or....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP