It's a Wrap!

>> Saturday, August 14, 2010

We had our final demonstration session yesterday. The mood was unusually somber, not a whole lot of jokes throughout the session with Mean Chef just working from one component of the cake to the other, showing us the steps in making one of the most fabulous ensemble that we've seen this semester: an embedded cake - and I say embedded because you can't see the layers from the side, even before the chocolate glaze was applied - made from a thin layer of biscuit, then heavenly layers of bergamot and chocolate mousse with a touch of crispy orange tuilles. A rather complex construction, there's no practical session for this one but I assume it's a teaser to sign up for subsequent levels
I want to learn more, despite the uncertainty of where all this will lead me. I was hoping that after the first month into the program, whether to come back for the next levels will be an easy decision to make. It has taken me more than 2 months to decide and even now, doubts creep in occasionally. It's a big investment of time, money and sacrifice in terms of being away from family and the comforts of home.  Paris will always be a wonderful city for me, and while I wished I could live in this state of enchantment all the time, it's time to make some serious assessments and decisions on next steps.
But for now, I'm psyched about next week's exam and intend to spend my time off from school practicing the recipes -   all 10 of them. Bring it on!!


3 comments:

Needful Things August 14, 2010 at 4:34 AM  

Good luck - not just with the exam but with everything that you finally decide!

NMN August 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

I feel like I am reading my own blog! Good luck with your practice sessions. The homeless people on your block will gain a few Lbs this week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP