Top 10 memories of Po-po

>> Sunday, November 2, 2008





1. Her steamed fish topped with lots of shitake mushrooms & "kam-chum" and how po-po would get flustered with my cousin and I when we kept picking on the toppings only, leaving the fish "bare naked"!
2. How she would take evening walks around Tmn Sg Puyu and stopped by our home to hang out with us (watch Hong Kong drama series, witness pa tutoring-cum-"torturing" Al with his Chinese lessons, debate over politics with pa, etc)
3. Po-po's made-from-scratch ribena jam (have never tasted anything like that ever since)
4. How po-po helped me with my home-science sewing assignments.....I dread going over to her house to use her old singer sewing machine (but mum wouldn't let me use her automated sewing machine since it was expensive and I was a novice at sewing)
5. Po-po's radio-fusion.....(redifussion). Man, who ever invented that?
6. Po-po's famous Or-kuey (yam cakes) Yummy!
7. Her origami creations.....she taught Al how to make flying phoenix
8. How she taught me to make her infamous pandan kai-tan-kou (pandan sponge cake)
9. Her Chinese New Year feast.....it was always exciting to make the long trip home to Pmtg Bendahari for her delicious CNY spread!!
10. Her favorite phrases......in Sin-leng (only the family would know this): the fabric is sooooooo...beautiful" and another phrase "I'm not going to do anything" :-)
I'll miss you, po-po

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP