Happy Valentine's Day

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

D and I have never been big about V-Day celebration. According to D, everyday should be a Valentine's Day, sans all that commercial hype, of course. Nonetheless, we do try to make simple efforts to let each other feel special on V-Day: a simple card, a short note, a little kiss and sweet greeting as we head out the door in the morning........ Instead of paying 2-3x more for roses from the stores, D would make his own little floral bouquet using different flowers gathered from our yard. Though they may not be as well put together by a professional florist - it's totally out of his comfort zone - they mean so much more to me! When time permits, I would bake or cook something special for us on V-Day. I've been extremely busy since my trip - 



 unpacking, cleaning, then experimenting, researching, sorting out and planning the details of the next move - but I did manage to incorporate some V-Day specials into my activities last week. 

 Low-sugar (!!) pomegranate macarons infused with a secret ingredient!
Unfortunately, D's feeling under the weather today and I'm scrapping my original idea for dinner. Nonetheless, we'll still get to enjoy these little chocolate hearts that I made last week.
 Heart-healthy dark chocolates with pomegranate filling
I'm simply flabbergasted to have conquered the "Mt. Temper" of the chocolate world, albeit dark chocolate only for now.
Have a Sweet Valentine's Day everyone!
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
.....and now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love
~ 1 Corinthians 13:2-8, 13

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

These chocolate hearts look so good, and with pomegranate...yum!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP