Peanut Cookies

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have very fond memories of making these cookies together with my Popo, my late maternal grandmother. This was one of her best Chinese New Year cookies and it was a yearly ritual for us to visit her, then make these cookies together in the weeks leading up to CNY. Making these peanut cookies was somewhat bittersweet; this is a time when I just missed being with the family, coming together to bake, cook, laugh and sometimes bicker, then laugh it off again. Truly, there's nothing better than celebrating festive occasions with those who love you and whom you love.

I'll eat more for you, popo! :-)

2 comments:

Tia February 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

i just made these last night! Great minds think alike :)

Jencrafted February 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Hehehe.....I bet yours turned out great! I love all these nostalgic bakes - perfect antidote for homesickness.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP