Busy Bee...

>> Sunday, October 26, 2008




I know I haven't blogged here for a while but trust me, I've not just been chillin' and relaxin'! I've been
spending lots of time researching for our new "undertakings"...there's a whole world of info. out there on the web.....gosh, how did we get by without the internet back in those days? I'm so impressed (and overwhelmed) by all the blogs I've come across these past weeks and this really motivates me to blog more often.
I've been dreaming (and drooling) over nasi kandar and nasi melayu lately....it's been almost a year since our last trip home and high time for a nasi kandar fix. So, with renewed ferver and inspired by the many great food blogs I've been following, I decided to try making beef samak and ayam panggang gharu over the weekend! Beef what? Gharu? What's that? Guess I just liked those dishes and never paid much attention to their names. Anyhow, the attempt paid off. We enjoyed our dinner of scrumptious chicken fried, then braised in coconut-curry sauce, beef 'n' tomato curry and the pineapple-cucumber salad. Will post the pix later.....for now, it's a great feeling to be able to retire to bed on a Sunday evening with a sweet sense of accomplishment. Looking forward to tonight's dream.....(which dish will that be?) ;-)

Ok, so here're the snapshots that I finally found time to upload.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP